Victorian coffee table and peculiar features of this magnificent style
The interior made in a Victorian style is considered to be rather deconstructive. Why? – Because in this case each room is decorated in particular direction.
We should mind that the Victorian interior means that almost all materials and antique accessories used in the room design can not be replaced by the cheaper variants. Everything has to look expensive and reliable.
Not everyone is ready to spend such great sums of money for expensive decoration of the house. You see, a victorian coffee table as well as an armchair, a wardrobe or a kitchen decorated i this style cost much. So as a rule, only artists, politicians, businessmen and other rich people who are appreciating the old days and traditions, gladly prefer to create the Victorian interior in their houses or flats. Let’s find out the most common features of this style. According to the specialists’ point of view they are the following:
- an exquisite combination of perfect quality with ancient traditions;
- vertical, elongated shape of all the house elements;
- gothic and arched windows;
- accurate and straight lines in all the interior details;
- massive rectangular door with a spectacular brass finish;
- ponderous furniture in oak, walnut or mahogany;
- ornate molding on the ceiling;
- intricate, complex patterns at the cornices;
- expensive paintings (landscapes, plot sketches, portraits);
- antique wall clocks;
- careful finish of all the details.