Do you know how slab coffee table is made?
Slab coffee table is really rather popular nowadays. We can meet them in our houses, apartments and offices. But have you ever thought how they are made? That is really a very interesting process. Let’s discuss it in details.
In fact, in order to make a slab coffee table you need to perform 10 easy steps.
- First of all, prepare drawings of the future slab coffee table. They can be found on the Internet or made by your own imagination.
- After that purchase some wood. You can buy it in the building supermarket or at the carpentry workshop.
- The material is marked with the help of a construction measure tape and a pencil.
- Wood is cut into the boards of the required size and is processed by the plane.
- The optimal size of the slabs used for the coffee table top is the following: width 75 cm, thickness 25 cm.
- In order to give your top some additional strength, attach its underside to the guide bar with the help of the screws.
- Bars can be of 50 x 50 mm, they should be attached at a distance of 30-40 cm from each other.
- When you are creating the legs, remember that they have to withstand the all the load of the objects arranged on the top, being at the same time not so massive.
- Then the legs should be fixed.
- Finally, the entire structure has to be covered with several layers of lacquer.