Advantages of copper coffee tables in your house
Copper coffee tables, like any other furniture made of metal, without any problems may be used in the living room, as well as in the office. You can even purchase them not only for your house or apartment, but also for gardens, a terrace of a country house or cottage, or even in the backyard.
Now we are going to tell about the most important advantages of this kind of furniture.
The modern professionals define some of them:
1. Sophistication and elegance
It should be noted that the copper coffee tables will look elegantly almost everywhere. No wonder that furniture made of copper has had a long history as one of the most popular sets of interior and landscape gardening furniture in many countries around the world.
2. Strength and durability
Copper coffee tables will serve you for centuries, becoming then a real decoration in the house of your children and even of grandchildren. The highest resistance of copper coffee tables to all external influences can compare these elegant sets of furniture with a range of highly durable purchasing and call a real investment into your future.
3. The ability to change the color on your own
Everybody agrees, nowadays there is often a situation when after a repair or a redesign at home or in the office, old furniture no longer fits into our interior as to its style or color. So what can be done? Do we really have to say goodbye to a favorite coffee table, for example? – No, of course, not!
The general appearance can be changed with the help of different tablecloths, vases, etc, but the lucky owners of copper coffee tables are able to do more. What? – To change the color and to do it by their own even at home! In what way? – Here are some tips.
- Not everyone knows that the wrought copper can be painted black by exposing it to a solution containing 15 g of sulfur and 15 g of ammonia per 1 liter of water.
- Copper color from red-brown to dark brown can be obtained by putting in into the solution consisting of 3.2 parts of sulfur in 1 liter of water. The stronger solution is, the darker the color will be. After processing the coffee tables are dried thoroughly and then cleaned by brass brush.
- The color of old copper products is achieved after wetting the thing by the same solution as it can be used for “blackening”, and then it should be cleaned with the help of the pumice to the desired color.
- The brown color of different tones is obtained upon exposure of the heated solution of ammonium sulfide (20-25 g) in 1 liter of water. The color tone changes depending on the temperature of heating products applied just before the reagent processing. The higher the heating temperature is, the darker tone will be in the issue.
- Color from yellow-orange to blue is usually achieved by treating the copper coffee table with two special brass solutions. Take 130 g sodium hyposulfite and 1 L of water plus 35 grams of lead nitrate in 1 liter of hot water. Solutions are mixed. Once you have received the correct color, the piece of furniture should be removed from the solution as quickly as possible. Wash your table, dry it and coat with lacquer in order to fix the resulting color.